R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi virtus .21 in serpent cobra GT
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2013, 12:57 PM
Evo 13
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burgboyz
Luv the porsche body but if you plan to race you may get called out as it appears your tires are outside of the body.

Hope the electrical tape stripes stay stuck as it adds to the some flare to the paint job.

Be sure you watch your engine temps as your vent holes are not very large. 2" holes front and rear will help keep it cooler and you can then tune for more power without risking overheating that beautiful virtus!

Also, you should pick up some power if you cut off the exhaust deflector so it is straight in line with the stinger. Also helps keep oil off of your l/r tire.

Take care and have fun!!
Appreciate the input. I do not plan on racing with this set up. This is just for my own kicks. However, if i decide to race I'll go with the Protoform GT body. I made a couple of changes since uploading the photos: 1. I found a black model airplane decal sheet to replace the electrical tape. 2. For the same reasons you mentioned I got rid of that exhaust defector and installed a straight piece of plumbing tube. Problem though, it softens a bit during each run, but maintains its integrity. If you have a better suggestion, I'd appreciate it.

As far as the vents are concerned, I'll consider what you said and make some adjustments. If you have another ideas let me know. Thanks