View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottE1776 View Post
I am in the process of upgrading my CRC Gen10 XL to an LE. Just working on where to place the Booster and Receiver. I'm curious to know just how people swap out their batteries. Also Still Bill, I noticed that you used the CRC 3373 battery position pieces on the side. Did you drill a new countersink hole or just use the existing slot?
I just cut away a small amount of the molded posts on the bottom of the #3373 battery position pieces and glued them to the chassis at the slots. And they function very well.

To remove/install the battery...I completely remove the two front screws and partially loosen the two rear screws that hold down the Top Deck.

Have previously suggested a redesign of the #3373 pieces (into a u-shape) to include side-to-side bracing for the battery. Also, would like to see more battery positioning holes in the chassis plate to fine tune the fore/aft placement of the 1S battery pack.

CRC is so actively progressive; so, don't be surprised that they come to the IIC with a few new experimental parts for your LE. Frank, Dumper and Team CRC members never cease to amaze me with their creativity.

Bill