R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 11:39 AM
Krio
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Jamie James
ESC is fine, nothing burnt. Motor is maintained nicely. Nothing in there.

I pulled the motor out when I got home that night. Everything rolls free. Tried turning the motor by hand...seized up tight. Even using a pair of pliers wouldn't budge it.

I opened it up and this is what I found. I'd say it's done. Weird. I know it's old calender wise, but it has what I would assume to be very little run time. I'm picking up a 1900Kv tomorrow.
The magnets came off the rotor, but it looks clear otherwise. If you can pull the magnets out along with any debris, you should be able to get that motor going again just with a new rotor. If you don't want to try, pm me and I'll make an offer for the motor as is. I have a friend who is too cheap to buy Tekin, but keeps frying the cheap stuff.

Originally Posted by King DORK
I try not to nag very often, and last time I asked I received no response, so any word on any kind of hand held programmer? There was once mention of one with no hint of a eta, but that was quite a while ago.
Tekin has preliminarily announced an Android smartphone/tablet app that will work with the Hotwire adapter. No release date is known, but at least we know what they consider 'better than a handheld programmer'.