R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - SHAWNEE HOBBY & RACEWAY (913) 422-RACE
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2013, 10:19 AM
billwilliams217
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Unhappy Camper?

Originally Posted by RCmayor
My prediction of running oval and offroad on the same track is you are gonna lose more in offroad than you will gain in oval. Offroad track built around an oval just sucks and is way too much work changing things around all the time. Plus every time you change the dirt around, the first week always kinda sucks cause things aren't settled down from watering. So on top of the layouts being to tight and poorly designed, every week the track will also be falling apart because of the newness.

Your damn right racers are fickle. Whats the point of buying a fast setup when you can only putt around the track at 1/4 the speed a car is capable of. Sure you want the new kids at your track, cause they don't know the difference. If you were to take a group of new kids or customers to your track for some laps, then take the same group to Fastlane for some laps, I guarantee if you took a survey they would prefer the indoor track at Fastlane. Even if the carpet in the pit area smells like piss. lol

What will keep the doors open is cool fast track layouts, not pissing off potential customers by calling them fickle. If there is anyone in this that is fickle it is you. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fickle
Wow, how much anger do you have?

Is your point if I don't do it exactly like you think, it will fail?

To answer your rhetorical question above... "What is the point..." Here is the point of buying a R/C car or truck, HAVE FUN, and for many fun is the side by side race, the driving the car next to friends, laughing at overpowered bashers, not to wipe our smiles, put on a monks robe, light a candle and pay homage to a particular style track.

I was at Fastlane racing last Wednesday and I did not smell piss on the carpet. I had fun, I was a little confused about the railing and elbow height rules and standing on elevated wood, so I am looking for Elton John shoes so I can be taller, but I had fun at Fastlane too, and I had fun without even winning, I competed the best I could with the time I had. I race for fun and I don't care what I race on when I'm having fun.

I understand, it may not be fun for you to compete on something different, or the first week of loose dirt may not be your thing, that's okay. But condemning something because you don't like it is difficult to respect. If you don't like something ignore it, but pecking at it makes you look bad and like a person with nothing to do.

Your statement that I want kids on the track because "they don't know the difference..." demonstrates a irrational dislike beyond any discussion of the track styles.

I could go on and on, but I think you would be happier if you just raced where the track was perfect for you, as you are doing now, but wait, maybe I am wrong. I wrote about egos in an post a couple back, If I called you King instead of Mayor would it be OKAY with you if we raced Oval and Off-Road?