R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012
Old 08-14-2013, 10:16 PM
Serpent007
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by 1evo RRR Driver
Quick question, what r you guys doing for the leaky diffs? I heard serpent had this prob with the 733 my 747 i just got had the same prob with the rear diff....until i changed to a thinner orange o ring.......if u've experienced this, what did u do??

The serpent site tells you to make the holes slightly larger by drilling them and how to perform the mod which is easy, I've only had one leaky one which was the 1st rushed assembly & IMO due to how i assembled it, currently I've got 4 diffs for my 747 ready to go, the two in the car are standard 4 gear and the other 2 are set up with 2 gears, all of them are standard unmodified housings and haven't had so much of a hint of leak/s.. I think a fair bit depends on how it's put together or maybe I'm just lucky, I haven't had to do the tip suggested by serpent "incase" it happens, def dosnt happen to all I know that for sure..
Ive got about 7-8 diffs all up so ill drill a spare out and see what results it gives, or if the assembly is a little less easier on tolerences all round, but so far I've been lucky..