View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 PM
Still Bill
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cancun Tom View Post
I got my head up my ass lately. I looked at the BSR duro charts instead of the Jaco charts when choosing my tires so I had Jaco white rears which are 25 duro, and Jaco front pinks which are 30 duro. Not a large diff. Back in the day 20+ years ago we only had yellow, green, and blue. Generally we ran blues on the front and greens on the rears, at least on indoor carpet ovals. So I happen to have one pair of new John's BSR Black foams which are 40-45 duro. So that should help because the hardness differential is more similar to the old blue/green from back in the day. My problem is that after taking 10 years away from this hobby I've forgotten so much. I'm fortunate to have you guys and this forum to help me cure my frequent brain farts.
Hey Tom,

I originally looked at the Jaco charts too; and, found no help there.

At least John's BSR and RC4Less gives you some alternatives. And BigBull's suggestion of trying the RC4Less foams with more rubber content may be a winner for your situation.

FYI...We spray root beer on our asphalt track to prep it. Guessing that the basketball players would have something to say about any track prep.

Bill