R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Murnan Modified Motors
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2013, 02:42 PM
JOE SI
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grinder
The blue color is not the oil, it is the blue dye that is in the fuel. There is really no need to clean the inside of the engine yet. You can use brake cleaner to clean the engine parts, and blow them dry with air if you wanted. Make sure to use plenty of oil on all the parts during reassembly.

To clean the outside of the engine you can use denatured alcohol, motor spray, or similar and blow it dry with air. Make sure all the holes are properly plugged of course. In extreme cases I use Cabon Off, but that is for bare case only.
Always put a few drops of after run oil on the outside of the front bearing after cleaning with alcohol, or anything similar.

The RBM3 should be good on the original rod for 3 gallons including the one gallon for break in. If you use good fuel, and change the rod every 2.5 to 3 gallons, the crankpin should last for several new rods.
Awesome thanks,
I guess I assumed the blue was oil cause 2 cycle oil for my quads is blue.
I'm really new at this stuff, but this past weekend I made the A main at port jervis rc world depot and held my own with some big dogs from the NYC, nj, Maryland area after a little over a year of racing.