Thread: Tamiya TRF415
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2004, 02:55 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Unhappy Oh dear.....

Well, what a dissapointing day.....

Went off to Broxtowe today for an indoor meeting, run 27t stock on carpet. All I can really say is, car was great... when it wasn't broken. I broke more parts on the car today than I have in total since owning it. slightly ridiculous. Ended up with 3 broken rear wishbones... and no more spares. Even managed to destroy one BEFORE the begining of a heat, but that was just unlucky... i doubt any car could have survived have a wheel traped inside a drain pipe whilst exiting a sweeper... and then in the next heat being t-boned by X-ray at the end of the straight (even whilst trying to keep out the way) killed another....
Admitadly the third one was my fault, whacked the wall hard in practise, so ended up in about ten minutes swapping the whole rear end from lwt suspension to the old style (only just made it, just putting body clips on with 30secs to the start), only problem was that left the car with too much rear toe, so having gotten away well from pole in the "cough" D-final ( ) i promptly understeered off in the middle of the lap and ended up last. stil brought the car back to second, by just an overall frustrating day....

Here's hoping i've got rid of all of my bad luck before next weekend, the second round the Brit indoor winter series (and hope my spares arrive before then). Just one of thoose days I guess....suppose some positive could be taken that the guy Q'd 2nd tried the car in practise (before i pranged it) and said it handled really well... so well in fact he was questioning his car at the start of his final... hehehe. Oh and the super wrenching in changing the suspension, drew some suprised glances when I put the car down.

(excuse the rambling, I needed to vent a little )

Ed