R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Durango DEST210R thread
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:51 PM
lappdawg27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Still loving this truck!! Our track was awesome the other night and I finally got into the 21 second bracket for laptimes in qualifying (fastest laps are usually low 21s for 2WD stuff and upper 20s for 4WD).

In the main event last Friday night I was REALLY pushing the truck, trying to get some consistent 21 second laps. In doing so I almost lapped the field twice, however I hit our big double sideways and landed directly on the front wheel on the upside of the landing. Needless to say I popped a ballcup on the steering linkage. I drove it around and had someone look at it...the steering link was completely missing!! There was only 3 minutes left, so I drove it anyway. I had to nail the brakes at every turn and creep around the turn to stay on track. I lucked out, and managed to still win, but by a mere 8 seconds over 2nd place, who had unlapped himself twice.

This was only the 3rd time I've had a ballcup pop, and it was a pretty bad hit, one that probably should have popped one.

I'm really hoping some guys run these in the winter, we are getting a few guys each week, it would be nice to see a full main.