R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3Racing Sakura Zero S
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2013, 04:01 AM
Yogi-
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by kanamin
I didn't realize that pinion peekhole came so close to where the XI mm v2 wants to mount, but I decided what the hey I bought the part already, if this breaks I'll just upgrade my chassis. Well I drilled a bit crooked, the mm/layshaft mount combo seemed to want to go one way off the centerline when I screwed in the combo without the root hole and that's how I thought it was supposed to be, but then when I looked at it I realized the motor mount itself was a bit crooked. Oh well, it seems to work (I did a short run), and now I can mount my motor with two screws! I tried just using one and stripped a spur... Also I didn't realize until I installed it that the little extension leg acts as a battery stop!

But yeah that cutoff hex key thing was still too cumbersome.

Also I ordered a spur gear adapter but tq was out so it's coming from China, hopefully this plastic one will hold up
All is not lost.
My suggestion would be to line it all back up straight and shimm the leg on the motor mount till its in the right place . Wouldn't take much at all and it should fix up any binding etc.