R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TA05 v1 VTA build: comments/questions/answers requested
Old 08-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Grizzbob
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rescue119
Hey grizz. Are you using wider hexes?, what is your ride height? Droop?.

I just tore apart my ta05v2 ifs today to get it ready for the new season coming up so looking to improve. The series got ride of the fdr so now that's open. I found going into turns after the straight (100ft) I would roll if I was at speed. I took of the front sway bar and have been playing different springs but I am gonna start from scratch . I am running stock hexes, ball diffs front and rear as well.

Also running the 70 boss body
Well, as I've said, I'm not entirely sure what exactly my droop settings are(I just set it per the manual, maybe added 1 more mm of droop in front, but that's it, mostly made sure it's even side to side all around). But if you're traction rolling going into a sweeper, it sounds like you may want to go to a thicker sway bar, not remove it(typical setup is yellow front & red rear, but if I need to reduce roll I'll go with a blue in front, & if that makes the car push, I'll put a yellow in the rear). Typical spring setup for me is Tamiya white fronts & red rears, but if I need even softer in the rear, I'll try Associated greens. As for hexes, yes, I'm running Tamiya's 6mm hexes all around, for VTA racing they're needed to keep the VTA wheels from rubbing the turnbuckle rod ends, & about diffs, I do still run a ball diff in the rear(with all ceramic balls & built using tips from Tamiya's Factory driver Jilles Groskamp, you can find his tips videos at www.teamtrf.com , look at the media section, Team TRF Vidoes), but I have a spool in the front, I like its stability under braking & it's aggressiveness under throttle(but if you hit barriers alot, you'll have to be prepared to replace some front uprights & C-Hubs on a regular basis, they do take a lot of abuse when you run a spool). That's pretty much my setup for most classes I run my v2 in, be it VTA or the GT2 class in Tamiya's TCS events....