R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Vaterra Kemora And Kalahari Offical Thread
Old 08-10-2013, 08:13 PM
Drastic
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by duhjun
Well, I didn't get as far as looking at the slipper pads, because I first encountered what's in the picture, below!! Agghhh!! What a mess. Rust on the rear drive gears and bearings. That'll do it. Thing is, the last time I changed my spur, they looked fine. That wasn't that long ago.
Now I need a soft steel brush so I can strip the gunk off. A good clean and re-grease should fix it. I missed out on running it up at my in-laws, yesterday, too. I haven't had it up there since I got my big Dirt Hawg wheels. Ah well. Next time!

ew dude that looks awful. well atleast i know thats not what mine look like because I check my gear box every two days and clean them and re grease them. The grease i use and works great for that is 50k losi team grease. its in a small squeeze bottle and its clear just like the stock grease that was in the gears. its cheap for how good it works, dont buy the 100k, its to strong and it kills your run time and kills your battery. IT over works the battery as i learned buying a new battery haha :P but ya i clean mine two days and re grease them every 2 days if needed.