R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 21.5 motor choice, looking for opinions
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 03:43 PM
robk
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan the Man
RC Mart have a whole bunch of motors etc on sale at the moment. I'm looking for an opinion/guidance on the best 21.5 motor out of Tekin, Hobby wing Xerun and Speed Passion V3?

Thanks guys
Tekin ???
HW Xerun ???

SP V3 better for long outdoor tracks. You will want the 30-40* timing board ideally. The SP MMM motor with the same board has the feeling of massive rip, and feels great on carpet. Might not be so hot if you don't have a lot of traction

Trinity D3.5 21.5 is not like the 17.5. Not very fast. I have not seen a real fast one yet.

Novak Ballistic 21.5 is actually a good F1 motor, not a crazy bottom end and not a crazy top end, pretty balanced, but fast. The old SS motors are very similar. The Vulcan 21.5 motors I have watched at the track so far are crazy fast. We had a guy using them at the Scale Nats and his GT car was ripping fast all weekend.

Thunder power definitely fast but you have to gear it a little different. When I tried one I had to go up a few teeth vs. a Novak.

Have not tried the Shuurspeed, but I heard good reports.

The older Reedy is also a motor I hear a lot of good things about. I picked up a Sonic Mach 2 based on that, and I have only run it a couple times, but it seems good as anything so far.