R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Euros
Thread: 2013 Euros
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 07:33 AM
vitomon
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skiddins
1) Welcome to the world lol
2) If you're good enough to make the A final, a couple of extra sets of tyres aren't going to make much difference to your budget.
3) Tyres wear no matter what class you run, but the organisers choosing a tyre that can last more than one run without huge drop off would help (this is very dependant on the track surface as well).

A Change to LiFe would require notification well in advance from the governing bodies, as so few suitable race packs are made and it would take a while for manufacturers to gear up for it.
sure enough, most of the A final guys could afford some extra sets. but is it really needed?

organisers choose the tires mostly i think. but they do that based on simple economics. some company always makes them the sweetest deal for their tires and gets the job. in most cases in the past years that was lrp unfortunately. i agree that tire wear is very much also dependent on the track surface. therefore the organisers should be more free too choose the tire for the event since they presumably know best which tire works best and lasts the longest on their home track. so in case of the euros or worlds, efra and/or Ifmar has to step in and provide financial support to the host club for the tires. as far as i know thats not even the case closely. in fact i think the governing bodies are charging laughable sums.

sure, life's are far off at the moment. same thing was said about lipos a while back. only takes a few "important" guys to make a point and it takes off. in mainland europe i think it was mainly lrp who switched to lipos first in their series closely followed then by the ets. this cant happen overnight, but i can happen. anyway, its worth a thought.