R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Euros
Thread: 2013 Euros
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2013, 03:33 AM
vitomon
Tech Adept

1) funny how some drivers always have something to complain. if they have limited sets they do, unlimited sets they do too. what is going in on?

2) even at the ETS races i can see it coming to 3 sets for the a-finals alone. because the drivers in the A want it. stupid but i will come to this.

3) tire wear is a problem. however, it is in my opinion caused by the insane speeds that modified are going today. there were many tires that lastest at least 5 good runs without dropping out to much (except for the lrp these were always shit). sppeds have gone insane. we brought the boost/turbo menace to modified.

you cant stop technology. you cant do 0 boost in modified. why would you. but i would simply turn down the power of the batteries.

lipo is the standard now. before that we used to run 6 cells nimh. but in a short time frame we also had to use 5 cells for modified.

i think LiFe is the way to go now. it takes down power from the battery, still lets you run 5-7 min in modified, is much safer than lipo. from there also mere mortals could drive modified more easily, with less wear on material and less tire costs etc.