R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Island Raceway & Hobby (IRH), Lindenhurst, NY - Indoor Off-Road Track in Long Island
Old 08-03-2013, 04:44 PM
turbo toic
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Slayer
The bottom line is this, we don't have the right dirt to run dry. Look what happened for the first year and a half we were open. Everybody was scrambling for what tire was gonna work. Everybody was using different tires, compounds, foams, treads, and nothing was ever "solid". AND we were burnin up tires every two weeks or so! And guys were complaining. The track got crumbly, potholes all over the place, jumps just falling apart, lips that send ya flyin anywhere but where you wanted the car to go.........and not to mention all the black boogers at the end of the night! Now we have great traction, no boogers, any M4 slick and red foam works well, the track holds up incredibly better then ever before, but now guys are complaining about not runnin treads! RCHR and Wolcott have a way different mix then we have. I loved racing at RCHR's indoor track this summer and did well doin so. If we want to dry this place out, we need the dirt that they have. Oh yea, who's gonna take care of all that maintenance On the dry surface too? There always seems to be a considerable amount of patch work to do on a dry track. Last time we needed some patch work on our track, nobody touched it till it was so bad, the whole jump had to be removed!! So are the guys complaining about not running treaded tires gonna come down every race night and maintain the track, or is it gonna be the same old once in a while we see them?
i understand where u r coming but chuckie and i arent the only ones not showing up. from what i know james is the only one that has been showing up racing here and there from the mod crew one and a half years ago. everyone one else in the class isnt showing up do to the surface conditions. FACT. if i wanted to run on fake off road carpet ill move to europe. on that note i will be traveling with chuckie untill island raceway desides to run a threaded tire. i would love to run there but i cant stand the surface. dont take it the wrong way.