R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 08:29 AM
postie90
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by pascalfd
Checking the pics you posted (wow.. that's brand new !), looks like you already had the updated center drive shaft (part 89339 in your order) and the steel diff mounts - so that's a last 'generation' Hyper 9e you got there. Very good !

A couple of tips from having had hyper 9e's for the last 4 to 5 years :

Once you have the Tekno side fitted, I'd cut out the outside edge of the battery box. This will give you a lot more battery choices as the stock box is a little narrow.

Check the length of the screw joining the rear chassis brace to the motor mount. Use as long as possible to fit in the thread but not too long of course ! There is a lot of stress in that area and eventually (so better later than sooner), the hole in the motor mount will be oval..(that's when it would be nice to have an Elite RC mount ready to fit too - but these have some downside too as the access to the center diff is more difficult).
Same comment for the screws in the front and rear bulkhead : maximize the thread available using longer screws.

I'd also put a piece of foam under the end of the motor so it doesn't hit the chassis too hard yet allow for some flex.

Enjoy ! This is a great Ebuggy whose layout remain very up to date (just compare with the latest tekno..) - front arms are a little weak I'd say now that I could compare with Losi/Kyosho's.
Is there any chance you could measure the longer screws you have used? Just so I can order some in, also a picture off the foam under the engine? Wouldn't that help hotting up the motor? Cheers