R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - NEW HB comp touring
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 04:18 AM
Bundy_Bear
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ec1
Some remarks:

1. Check your rear driveshaft as they are to long for most wheel offsets.
I am using KM wheel shafts and dogbones (kyosho also fits).
2. Check your gas tank so its closes, seams like the o-ring expands from the oil in the fuel. The spring is also very soft. The xray tank lid and spring fits.
3. We had some differential gears that has lost teets, i am using xray diffs front+rear.

Also i am getting air in my shocks pretty fast, going to try other o-rings and kyosho piston shafts.

Stock clutch is good if you replace the thrust bearing (stock is crap) and insert a harder spring. i am using the new 1/8 xray sping (Us1) tigtened 0,05mm and a 0,5mm gap.

I am also using Ride springs black rear and mostly purple or red front.
Harder shock oils 550-650. Raise the shocks up together with the soft Ride springs. also try to use the inner rear camberlink hole (longer link) for a more progressive rear end. Use shims on the rear wheel hub to get more steering.

Sadly i had little time to test but the car seems fast and easy to drive

// roland
Roland,

Having helped Richard last weekend at our State titles, we discovered the car is wider then 200mm at the stock settings with our Matrix tyres we are running. So am now going to revisit the KM rear drive shafts and outdrives.

Your also right about the chassis plate, we have pulled the car down and it is sitting up at the front and the back on the bench. I had this issue with the old Team Magic G4S and even after flattening the chassis it would tweak again with the radio tray installed an tensioned down. Did you replace yours or just straightened and re-use it again?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Andrew