R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Ferrite noise filters
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 08:12 AM
koabich
Tech Master

Originally posted by Entropy
Ideally, you shouldn't have glitching problems if you do the wiring and layout properly. Noise killer accessories should only really be a last resort and they do not work all the time either.
I don't agree with this at all. Even if the wiring is perfect and the layout is set properly, there is still a chance that you can have glitching. There are too many factors that can cause glitching....the number of people with radios on at the same time (even if none of the frequencies are the same), electrical towers, cell phones, even the building itself...there are a lot of variables. Even the pro's have glitching and they use a lot of different methods to help prevent it!

On another note, I have been using the ferrite magnets for the last year and until the other day I couldn't tell you if they worked or not. After soldering in a new motor, I forgot to put them back on my car and I did notice some glitching I wasn't getting earlier in the day. For the next pack, the only change I made was putting them back on and no more glitching.

I think most people that say they don't work are putting the magnets on a setup where they never received glitches before the magnets and don't notice a difference with the magnets.

Bottom line is if you are getting glitching, give them a try!