R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/10 R/C F1's...Pics, Discussions, Whatever...
Old 07-29-2013, 08:17 AM
MantisWorx
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Yesterday we had a nice step for F1 racing. It was the first annual RC race held at the Circuit of the Americas! They put out a HUGE uphill track and there were nitro and Electric classes F1 was the biggest electric class and we put on a show! our laptimes were not much slower (may have actually been faster than 17.5 TC) and we couldnt be touched on the infield (well except for Nitro foam cars!) It was yet another Epic battle between Chris Jones and I. I didnt qualify so well was having handling issues so i had to start Q3 in both mains i managed to run down Chris make a clean pass and finished 4.5 seconds in front with the fastest laptime. In A2 the RD didnt reset the clock so it was only a 5min race (none of us knew this) i managed to run down Chris again and built up a pretty good lead, made a mistake he got around me and then we swapped leads about 5 times in the last min or so, I got rear ended on the last lap and ended up second by only a second or so but my fast lap and extended win in A1 handed me the win! Ironically Lewis hamilton won the first COTA event and i won the first RC COTA event with his car!!
http://imageshack.us/scaled/medium/24/h3pg.jpg

Last edited by MantisWorx; 07-30-2013 at 05:41 AM.