R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 811E RTR questions
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 06:46 PM
steeledge
Tech Initiate

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by RCmayor
It really depends on what Kv the motor is. The stock motor in the RTR vs a similar kv tekin combo would be about the same speed. It also depends on any timing boost in each combo. I think the 1850 in the RTR should be fast enough to have plenty of fun.
I was thinking the 2050kv or the 2650kv, will that be a significant speed increase? I haven't clocked it but what speed aprox is my stock rtr going?

I'm old school and in and out of the hobby which will hopefully explain my ignorance.

- Stated back 20+ years ago with brush motors
- Got into nitro
- Got the first novak BL system, liked it more than brushed motors after constantly lathing/cutting my mods after almost every run. But it was a bit to slow.
- Missed almost the whole lipo battery explosion/evolution
- Too a long break and then about a year ago I decided I needed to come back but in a different less involved way, with an RTR thunder tiger mt4, which I LOVE and beat the hell out of.
- And now, just got this serpent RTR which seems pretty damn nice.

Money is not my limiting factor, its time I don't have much of, hence the rtr's and the ignorant BL noob questions.

I bet you didn't expect my lifes story in rc lol

Originally Posted by RavensNightFury
rc I agree with you there the 1850 was same speed as a tekin 1900 but different is one sensored and one not that's only thing reason why I got rid mine is I am going to get the 2.0
Why not one of the more powerful tekin motors?