R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing Rebel F1 (R-F01)
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 03:10 PM
odpurple
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wagnerov
Which thrust bearing are you using? I haven't gotten anything else to fit or work right in there except for the stock stuff, where if you sneeze on the locknut it is either too loose or too tight. Not that that's a bad thing because one gets it right eventually; I just prefer the Tamiya setup with belleville washers and a thrust bearing race where there is a finer adjustment IMO.

Your setup for the front is identical to what I'm running at Nor-Cal with the exception of tires, 571 softs for me. I run 0 toe now and no center-point steering, whereas I ran up to -1 before with CPS. If the traction starts degrading halfway through the day I switch to .020's and add a little bit of droop to the rear pod.

The rear is a whole 'nother story though: it's set up around the hard tires (softs if we are at Ripon or a parking lot). I spent a day for testing two weeks ago and wish I'd done that before the Reedy!

One of these days I need to make a trip to LA to race UF1 with you guys.
Just a regular 1/4" x 3/8" non-flanged bearing. I use the ones from RC 4 Less, not sure what brand Mark is using, I'm sure most are fine. The T.O.P. ones have a difference to the race or shield design that makes them not work well as a thrust as they will feel sandy right from new