R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Questions about LiPo's in parallel
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2013, 07:24 AM
rc_dude
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave H
It’s rather odd for me to be defending GM, but it seems to me they might be treated a touch unfairly on this topic. California had a mandate that a specified percentage of sales had to be non-polluting by a certain date for the majors (5% by mid ’90 something? Can’t remember for sure). GM is the only automaker that did much of anything about it, everybody else lobbied up and fought the mandate.

GM spent a ton of money and did some rather interesting things with the Impact, far more than just the powertrain. Found themselves standing all alone as everybody else in line stepped back a few and left them wasting in the wind. California backed off on the mandate, GM decided to cut the financial bleeding until conditions improved.

Seems odd that the only company who actually did something substantive gets all the blame in the view of some, while the ones who did nothing much but lobby against the initiative escape blame free it seems.

Eh, such is life I guess. Sometimes you’re the bug on the windshield.
For real...but they did seem to pull the plug out of no ware forcing a return of every EV1, dumping them in the landfill for no reason...I truly believe the gas companies payed them off to get rid of them...

And another thing, toyota and some foreign companies started electric conversions for their cars but GM was the only one designed electric and the only American company the did squat...

Originally Posted by howardcano
And here I thought John Bardeen, Walter Brattain, and William Shockley at Bell Labs invented the bipolar transistor in 1947, during their attempts to invent the Field Effect Transistor.

So now, thanks to your "off topic" comment, I just did some web surfing and found out that they patented the bipolar transistor to AVOID the previous patents for the FET-- filed in 1925!

My head is going to explode if you guys keep forcing me to jam new information in there.
your welcome I keep learning too actually. I takes me forever to type these posts cause i've trying to research them at the same time