R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Associated 777 Brushes
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2004, 02:43 PM
TexRacer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

K guys maybe I can clear some of this up.It wont be nice.lol.

#1-This brush in NO WAY is overpriced nor meant to be by CS,LRP/Reedy.
It's simply due to the HIGH COST of the materials that make up the brush.It's not a markup ploy with high profits.SORRY.
So that is answered or should be because Im not kidding when I say HOW HIGH this material cost.

#2-You say people wont run mod due to this brush being so high priced?Thats just stupid and shows how shallow some people's thinking is or most common speaking before you have a CLUE!
This isnt a brush for the common.This brush is for a person running MOD sedan or if you want 50runs+ in Mod offroad.
Mod Sedan meaning 7-10 turns,11 and 12's at the most.
I have ran the same pair of brushes for 30+ runs as well.
Not sure about YOUR math but if Im running a 7 turn and skimming the comm and rebrushing EACH run then $3.00 a pair X's 10 runs is $30.00 right?
Well I didnt say 10 runs I said 30.Do your match again and that comes out to about $90.00 in regular brushes.
Mod Sedan is NOT for the common folk.It's a expensive class and less than 5% of the country even runs a mod sedan class.
If ANYONE has rebuilt a Orion/Peak V2 can or aftermarket V2 retuned by anyone else out there they are a PAIN IN THE ASS.Plus the way they solder up are a pain for some cars as well.I LOVE the motor's but for your so called COMMON racer it's a pain.
So are these brushes worth the money?
EVERY PENNY!!!! and then some.

So please before you speak about an item that you havent used or have NO REAL CLUE of what it is or please think of EVERY angle before you make stupid remarks or accusations.

Now if you have questions about them then please speak up.
But if you have never used them and cant do math please do us all a HUGE FAVOR AND

SHUT UP! I fell like im in a room full of women.lol.

Guys this isnt meant to be personal but more of a funny slap in the face please shut up if you dont have a clue or dont even race this class.
It's expensive in Nature.Can CS,LRP/Reedy help that?
Nope not at all.
Even when I run Orion motor's with the right brushes Im cutting every 3-5 runs so it's not the blessing we were looking for like these brushes are.
WORTH EVERY PENNY.Do the math.