R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Open stock, a radical approach to speed limiting.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:58 AM
sosidge
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
Maybe, maybe not. Look, I don't like all these limit or spec or breakout or whatever ideas either, I say just run mod or boosted and be done with it. Unfortunately many racers don't see it this way so they keep throwing crazy ideas out there that either wont work or aren't practical. I think this idea addresses many of those concerns but I could be wrong. If you have some actual constructive criticism to offer instead of just dismissing it out of hand, please feel free to do so. None of this is currently possible anyway since as far as I know, no esc exists that can do all of this so it's not like I'm trying to force it down your throat.
Sure, my constructive criticism is that we have a class structure available to us already that works. TC has a variety of motors available to it from "easy for your granny" to "world class only". The onus is on racers and organisers to support the class that best suits them. The cars are built for 2s so why change, and motor classes need basically no scrutineering whereas rpm classes need constant scrutineering.

You will always have people that will spend silly money on having the fastest "slow" car, it doesn't mean that stock classes are a failure - if it bothers you just race in a class that has more power than traction, that is where driving skill matters rather than the depth of your pockets.