R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Inferno GT, GT2 Race Spec
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2013, 09:03 AM
Yb2fast
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jspeed
It seems like a common misconception on the internet, since I’ve run both lengths for years.

While the longer IGT2 might lend itself to being more of a “target” for some on small tight tracks, in Florida we are graced with several large flowing hi-speed tracks to choose from.

There wasn’t much of an advantage between the two wheelbase lengths on tracks like Fort Meyers, Homestead or Kissimmee; except maybe in qualifying( but then again, how many fast qualifiers turn into disappointing dnf’s in the mains?)lol

The IGT1 might be a little more nimble, but the IGT2 always felt a little more relaxed and not so twitchy at higher speeds; especially when running 45 to 60 minute A Mains on our big tracks here.

The IGT2’s additional length is mostly all added behind the engine, so the actual center of gravity is further forward than on an IGT1, promoting slightly better hi-speed steering & balance.

So, while the IGT1 length may be favored on smaller tracks, where let just say there's more "friendly bumping” is going on; I favor the additional 35mm length of the IGT2 in “clean” racing situations and on big flowing hi-speed tracks.

Btw, if you need more steering, there are two types: mechanical & aero……. If aero or hi-speed steering is what you’re looking for…… you should try the Ipanema Warrior GT racing body, it was designed specifically to “work” on hi-speed tracks; like ours in Florida.

........... which just so happens to be the reason so many fools have tried to outlaw it's use in GT racing over the years; ever since it helped good old Paul Roberts win the 1st GT World Championships at Homestead.

Take care, all the best!
Well Thank you JSPEED for all that informative info !!! I will run them at Homestead one day and see which chassis turns the best time...they are set up pretty similar !!