R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Let's Talk Modified
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2013, 06:28 PM
JayBee
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andrewdoherty
I feel a lot like you do on this Troy. For anyone new to mod, regardless of the motor/esc/radio you definitely don't want to be locking the tires up on asphalt. For a starting point I set the brake strength to 100 in the esc and dial it down in the radio until the tires don't lock up at the end of the straight at full brake. I usually end up going a little higher from there as I never find myself hitting full brake at the end of the straight. On carpet I am less concerned about the tires locking up, but it still isn't the fastest way around. I am usually between 10 and 15 on drag. One of the features I like on the KO is the Nutbrake (Neutral Brake) as it allows me to play with drag brake on the stand, and the radio still calibrates correctly at power up, unlike brake trim.

Mackie, I'll show you my HW settings on Friday. I had two slightly different setups in my two cars both yielding same fast lap. One was a few degrees lower on turbo and boost and had the boost rpm range extended by 5k which made it feel a little slower, but was easier to control. Definitely not the grip it and rip it you're used to though.

AWD
Sup Drew....u running the v3.1 esc?