Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2013, 10:06 AM
chasingthepack
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by reg
Hi Colin,

great to hear you like the car.

Thanks for letting us know about the mistake, we will fix it.

I use standard 4 holes 1.1 pistons as we recommend in the kit. This is the best compromise of steering and traction. Well in 99% we do not change pistons, only oil. For low traction we recommend 350 shock oil. When the traction increases, you put harder oil. But for example at the ETS last weekend was super high traction and we stayed with the kit shock setting and car was working well. But there is easy recognition when you need harder oil. When you start your run and you make good lap times and in the second half of the run, your car slows down as it is more difficult to drive and start to stop in the corners, than you over-heat the tires and you need harder oil. When you are slower at the beginning because you have not enough traction and you get faster later on, you need softer oil. But in both cases you do not need to change pistons.

Martin
hi martin,what would be the best way to get more slow corner

speed the car is on rails on the faster sections but when i get to the slow switchbacks im waiting for the car to turn before i can get back on the power,i have a set up posted on the xray forum under greyhead,any advice much appreciated,rich