R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing Part 2
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 08:13 PM
GP40X
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
have patience...you never know who might submit an esc to be added...
Myron, did a little birdie tell you something? I would love to get a Tekin RS USVTA Edition ( no ability to flash upgrade or adjust timing).

Originally Posted by bigb11
Tekin esc have a spec mode" blinky" and could be considered for usvta but novak paids more. Tekin's 25.5 is a good motor.
You really don't want to go there. Novak paid more? That's laughable. I guess that every other manufacturer on the USVTA list paid too? It's real simple. The rules were set and any manufacturer who wants to produce a USVTA legal ESC can follow the rules set by the organization. There are currently 22 different ESCs from 4 different manufacturers (5 if you count the CRC rebadged Hobbywing). Only 5 of the 15 Novak ESCs on the list are still in production. Two GTBs with X-Drive (normal and low profile heatsinks), two Edges (Tamiya or Traxxas battery connector) and the Club esc.

Oh and on Blinky ESCs having an advantage? I had an Edge fry and sent it back to Novak for warranty. The club let me run an RS Pro for a few weeks until the Edge came back. My car gained about .2 seconds a lap and has more punch coming out of the corners using the RS Pro running Vegas 212.

The motor is real simple. It seems that all the other manufacturers are trying to build motors that are just a little bit faster than the Novak. If any 25.5 was allowed, pretty soon it would be the "motor of the week" and that is the last thing you want in VTA.

Sorry I vented guys but last time this argument started it consumed 30 to 40 pages of the thread and I don't want to get emails every 15 minutes about another post arguing about ESCs