R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 07:18 PM
RC10B4_Mafco
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
If you receive the package that has 3 shims on it...they are not necessary all need to be inserted onto the rotor, they are spares. On each motor, the LONG offset spacer is placed at the front of the rotor (facing the front motor mounting plate)...then at the end of the rotor, usually, most of the time, just need to use one shim (instead of 2 or 3)....the idea is, after putting the whole thing together, use your finger to pull the rotor shaft and you should feel a little gap like 0.5mm to 1mm the most. If the gap is too much, insert one more shim.....I have never use more then 2 shims ever on any V3 or MMM motors.
The motor already had 3 shims in it when I bought it, the shims were not something extra included. I took the motor apart to try and see if I can solder the wires directly on the bullet connectors (as they keep on coming out) and I accidently didn't notice which side the shims came off of. There was no long shim in my motor, only 3 little ones (1 of them is thicker than the other 2).