R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - help setting up my b4.2 for a new track
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2013, 03:53 PM
sur3fir3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default help setting up my b4.2 for a new track

I tried asking this in the b4.2 thread and got no answer. I thought I might have a better chance here.

I have been running my b4.2 in blinky bone stock, and just replacing what needs to be replaced when worn. I was driving on a sandy track, and had better traction than most with barcodes, and I would change compounds and wear depending on how much of the track was packed. Well now we have a clay track, its pretty damp, and turns most treads like you are running slicks after a few laps. There was also loose clay on the top. This track is 1/8th scale, with 2 long straights I can open up on.

My issue is with on power steering, I know part of it is tires and the other part is setup. can someone point me to either a good setup sheet for a track like this, or offer up some advice on where to start. I really need advice on what kind of tires. I tried barcodes, ghosted codes, calibers, rips, and ribs, also tried soft and super soft codes in front, and none of them seemed to hook up. Well the calibers did better than the bar codes.