R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - YOKOMO Touring Car BD-7
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2013, 06:59 AM
RedBullFiXX
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crashmaster
Hi guys,

I've been running the BD7 for a couple of meetings now (having come from a TC6.1 notice a fair difference!).

Upto now I've been running with the kit setup as built with HPI silver springs all around. Over the weekend I ended up going to 2000wt AE diff oil to try and calm down the rear end abit into and through corners.

I notice the base asphalt settings are abit different in terms of shimming etc, I can match it with the exception of the rear blocks (only currently have kit ones) and wondering if its worth giving it a go (I noticed a few people have been saying kit settings with HPI silvers which think is what I'm on?).

Also can anyone give me an idea of what the general tuning parameters people have been using on the car? Easy to get lost so just want some rough guidelines to run to!

Thanks for the help

Dan
imo
Start with kit setup first, and work from there
By kit, I mean as per build instructions, not Yokomo base settings for indoor, or asphalt, factory driver this, that etc...

The car should be very easy to drive with mild understeer in this configuration

Essentially my BD7 is set up similar for every track and condition, with a few minor tweaks
1K rear diff
2.5m front diff
HPI Silvers
rear toe blocks for 2.5 toe are useful as well