R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T1
Thread: Xray T1
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 06:54 PM
asw7576
Tech Champion

Originally posted by protc3
i hope this answers any questions about my chassis kit.i use 3mm c/f that is quasi iso tropic(fibers layed at 0-90-45 degrees)for ultimate torsional strength.i bevel every edge of the chassis,top and bottom with a .010 45 degree angle and the battery slots are beveled .09x45 degrees to lower the cells and eliminate filing.i do not mill under the servo or electronics because it removes the insulative layer from the c/f when you do so.the core of c/f is extremely condutive and i do not want to have problems with causing glitches and i did not find any benefit of dropping the servo .5 mm(.020).i will do it if people ask but i do explain to them the consequences of doing so.i only remove what is necesary.the xrc chassis works good from what i hear from some very happy customers.i didnt need to use 3.5mm because i didnt use the same c/f they use.if i can offer any more info on my kit please feel free to call my shop or shoot me an email.

thanks,
jason
Hi Jason,

I would like to ask this question: Can you make the exact replica of xray chassis? With the thickest c/f you could offer ?