R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - One-way
Thread: One-way
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2004, 06:58 AM
Desolas

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I was thinkin bout puttin a one way into my BMI TC3. It would b very helpful if anyone ho has run a front one-way on carpet could tell me how the car handles differently and how i would need 2 adjust my driving style.
The car will carry more speed into and out of a corner. Which can lead to traction roll or other problems associated with trying to corner too fast. Your on-power exit and off power entrance into the corner will be more aggressive; you'll have more turn in or oversteer.

I found a one-way on a tight track to be very helpful since I could carry more speed through the turns more people were braking for, and I was exiting the turns faster. The problems I had was not really with the no-braking issue but more with durability of parts in the front end. Unless your a pretty good driver the front of the car will take a beating. All of the wheels energy is trasfered into the drivetrain when it hits something w/ a one-way. I broke CVD's, a drive shaft, and out drives when running a one-way. Aluminum CVD's bend and the CV pins slowly wear out on impact. Steel CVD's hold up a little better but break outdrives and eventually snap if the crash is hard enough.

So if you still bump the walls a bit I'd say expect to break stuff.