R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Indoor Champs vs. Snowbirds
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2004, 07:42 PM
Joel Lagace
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have only been to the Champs 2 times and enjoyed it fully but i do know of guys locally going to the birds and from what they told me and what is available on the web ill add this:

-Birds runs to many classes(like everyone comes out a champ) Champs is clear, mod,stock old guys

-Location... if all u want to do is race it dont much matter, but something tells me the ladies are not in parkas and tuques in Florida

-Hobby shops big disapointment at the CHAMPS, 100$ Diff kits for TC3 and buds plastics is not too exciting. For a big event there should be more, most go down with a wad o cash hopping to get some deals. From what i heard it used to be much better 10years ago

-PRO DRIVERS: Pitting in the open would be the best, i must say it feels strange being in your room wondering is Kinwald in the room next to me? LOL IT would be kool to have them setup in the public eye. If not at least i think these events should hold an evening of meet and great where you are encourage to mingle with the pros, i had even heard of events in the past where the pro drivers would attend drivers meetings where regular joe racers could ask them questions. I think its good for the hobby and the sponsors.

-WEB SITE: Champs is terrible and the brochure thats mailed out is poorly written and never updated. Only this year was there a site that was worht visiting and it linked us to nashracer who did the real work all weekend,