R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 3 Racing Sakura D3 CS Drift
View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 10:07 AM
eunique
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Caseymacgyver
Looking really, really good Eunique! Never said it would be easy, but you're definitely getting there. So glad to hear you got some good drive time out of it.

I probably spoke too soon about the one way bearings. I've done one on a heli and I've seen various sizes available and I know they can be pressed out of he spool through the far side, but it's almost certainly not worth the effort unless the D3 FOW's are back ordered again. Not really a field replacement option either.

I'm out of town for the Holiday, but a couple of quick comments:

Check the lock nuts on the front pivot posts. It looks like the set screw doesn't quite reach the nylon on one of them.

You could probably ditch the adapters on the rear pivots and just use spacers under the posts to get the shock to clear the tower. Everything lines up really well back there all in the same plane.

The Raduised tires in the front will make a BIG difference too. I imagine you might need to wear them in somehow if you're running on a low/no wear surface. Even the DP50's still have a flat patch in the middle. It takes me about 1 pack on asphalt or broom-finished concrete to have them rounded out pretty evenly.

What bearing are you running on the inside of the MST knuckle? It seems like a lot of the outer race is visible. Might just be due to the Eagle CVD's.

Keep at it man, the breakthrough is near.
I won't be experimenting on the FOW for now..I'll get another as a spare (just in case) and keep the broken one in the event I try to replace a bearing.

I'll have to replace that set screw with a longer one...you are correct. It kent reach the plastic on the lock nut.

I'll look into ditching the adapters for the rear pivots and using spacers. Besides I could probably use those on the top ball joint for the front knuckles and get an even greater KPI angle like on yours. Right now I'm just using the available holes on the MST knuckles.

I've got an order placed for the Kikaku twin springs and some radiused tires which seems like it doesnt have a flat spot like on those Raikou's. Although I do have a set ordered of the Raikou's DP50s as well just in case. I need to experiment with both compounds and see which I like better on carpet drift track.

For the bearings...I am using double bearings in the inner of the MST knuckles which I thought I read somewhere that Pickled has suggested. Pickled, could you clarify on that? And since those Eagle CVDs don't have set screws for the pins similar to the Square ones...the bearings keep the pins in place. But I am not able to insert a pin through the front axles. I have hub adaptors that pinch down onto the front axles.