R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent Cobra GT
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2013, 03:23 PM
TerribleTy
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Voltron989
Happy 4th!

Just have a question regarding downstop if someone wouldn't mind clearing something up for me.
When looking at online setups like Paolo's, It states 0mm front and 11mm rear Downstop.
This is where im getting confused, for the front to have 0mm downstop the bottom screw of the caster blocks would be perfectly level with the bottom of the chassis? if that is correct, the only problem is im left with a large amount of front droop/up travel. I thought very little to No front droop was ideal for most onroad setups? or am i wrong?

or maybe the 0mm front and 11mm rear are actually Droop/up travel measurements?

Really appreciate any help to better understand
You are right on the money as far as how they are measured. We are actually raising them up even more to get what you stated very little travel. This varies greatly with your set up/track but works very well with what I am doing. I have the rear very stiff and the front soft, sounds completely backwards but it is solid. It makes the car feel more like a 10th sedan or even a pan car. Very good steering and little to no body roll at all. The car set up this way responds to on power steering so you have to be good with throttle control, if not this is a good way to learn

Last edited by TerribleTy; 07-04-2013 at 03:44 PM.