R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Speed Passion F1 car - The SP1
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 04:02 PM
InspGadgt
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Solara
The past weekend I have Rob King (owner of RC F1 Blog)to drive my early stage prototype car (with all the soft plastic and no so good parts on it...) and he is very impress about how the stock car work out as well. However, the SP1 does have some off power understeering even with the 571/572 combo. But Rob does setup the ABS on my radio and THAT....is the solution.

I would never thought having the car slow down "GOOD" enough will actually give my car to turn in much better, sharper and eariler (faster) when I have not setup the brake (or even active the ABS system) at all....

For those who want to turn the F1 better...give it a shot on the ABS setting, it really does make a night and day different. I am sure it does not simply apply to SP1 only...I think it will apply to any F1.
ABS works really good on F1 cars...I used to use it a lot on our old low grip track but haven't gotten around to setting it up on my SP-1 yet. Right now I set mine up with a little drag brake in the car which will have a similar affect just not as strong.