R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - How is the SG Drifting Scene?
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 09:50 PM
titan75
Tech Initiate

Maybe some background on my RC experiences.

I was into 1/10 EP touring cars mainly got a GP TG10 to play with but due to noise and high after run maintenance decided to stick with EP.

Also dabbled with M chassis and F1 but didn't try 1/12 pan cars. Only off road experience was with the Boomerang, Grasshopper and Wild Willy. Joined a few races at the Clementi off road track near Sunset Way, fun times. Envied the guys with Avante and Kyosho Ultima Mid.

Stopped RCing for what seems like an eternity ago. TA04 was just about to be launched then. All my RC stuff went into cold storage until now. Oopss reveal my age liao.

Went through my stuff and found some interesting stuff. TA02, TA03F, TG10, TF-4 Pro, AE TC3, Xpress M chassis, Tamiya Wagon RR M Chassis, some Yokomo touring car dunno what model, some vintage Futaba and Sanwa radio equipment.

Tried finding back my old RC kakis, but with no success. Decide to go lone ranger.

So after doing some research, decided to go into CS drifting. All the gear I found have difficulty in sourcing for parts, so I decided to leave them alone and build a new kit.

Decided to go with the 3racing Sakura Zero S (seems like a wrong choice now), built the kit and tried a few runs, but seems like I am missing some part of the puzzle.

From my experience with TCs, tuning is for grip and straight line speed. With the CS chassis, every concept I'm familiar with is haywire now.

Back to being a sotong noob again, have to relearn everything.

Spent quite a bit on the kit and hop-ups, now at a dilemma. Do I continue with this chassis or abandon ship and get a Yokomo, Enroute or MST?
Seeing that this chassis will probably not see any "big" race action.

Sorry for the long post.