R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Lab C-02
Thread: Lab C-02
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2013, 05:45 AM
dj apolaro
Tech Elite

Sorry for the late reply, but been really busy with work. I went to the Byron's race and did not have the best event. I struggled a lot with keeping up with both classes and got a little lost in myself.

I did have a chance to test the new shocks some more. I used the 1.7 springs all around which felt better than the original soft ones. The car has a lot more roll in general with these shocks. I am trying to figure them out since I do not like a car with too much roll. They worked good for me once I went to the heavier 1.7 spring, but think I should have used the 1.8 in the front (even heavier). The track got to a point where it had high bite and these shocks helped with that a lot. With my normal shock set up I was traction rolling and with the new ones I did not. I think with the new springs the set up needs to change a little. I am going to Ecuador this weekend to race and will try them again. I typically run my front pins in the upper position, this will get lowered to help with the reaction of the car. I will also run the arms further back to help with on power steering. Might have to try also running the car shorter than normal in the rear to see how this helps with the reaction.

I will let you guys know, but for now I see the new shocks as better in high bite and maybe similar in low bite. Since they are new, it is about finding the balance of oil versus spring and angle of shock.

DJ Apolaro