R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 11:08 AM
SP Tech
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Timbo99
Could I get an answer please.
What are you exact issues? The Reventons were released long before the Much More ESC.

Originally Posted by durtbag
So the latest on this is that somehow the Reventon R ESC has magically acquired the wrong Identity Code in the Firmware, this is why the WiFi Module can't read the data from the ESC. There is no way to fix this with any programming device they make?
Now SP wants me to send the ESC to HK to have it fixed. The expense of sending it back to them with a trackable shipping service will exceed the value of the ESC.

I can't think of any ESC's on the market that would require an ESC with a Firmware issue to be sent back to the manufacturer for repair.

How can SP honestly expect their customers to keep paying for repair costs on ESC's, when the failures are obviously caused by their easily corruptible Firmware?

Ridiculous!
Where did you purchase the ESC? Was this a Asian, UK, or other market outside of the USA?

Originally Posted by crotty777
Hey everyone, I'm in need of a little help. I'm running a sp gt2.0, firmware version 117, software v3 508 no timing but the esc is not blinking? Am I missing somthing here, or does the sp gt2.0 not blink?
The GT 2.0s have the light on the bottom of the ESC. Depending on how you have it mounted you may or may not see the "blinking". This was changed with the Reventons and the light was placed on top for "tech" at races.

Originally Posted by onekiwi
Can a esc be broken by connecting the motor wires wrong

Yes and no. Normally this wouldn't damage the ESC, but it is hard to say without knowing specifics.