R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2013, 11:14 PM
dirty_rooster
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
ran my scte 2.0 this weekend. I drove well, but I cant seem to stop the leaking in the front and rear diffs. The center holds fluid fine. The diff screws seem pretty soft also. Who makes a harder steel diff screw for the scte in a hex, not philips.
This is what i did to prevent any leaks in the diff.

Items used:

APE bushing and shims
Protek 2.5x10mm countersunk screws
Noleen sf-3 (green slime)
HD diff cases
Diff oring from rebuild kit

I bought the truck used and opened them up to find that I had two dry diff's and one half filled. They were built with HD cases.... the stock shims had deformed into oval bowls which was probably why my fluid leaked out.

I started out the rebuild by diping the oring into the green slim and placed it into the insert in the HD cases. Then I moved onto the shim and wiped a little green slim grease on the side of the shim that contacts the oring. I then dip the planetary gear side of the out drives and just slip it in and out of the HD case to lube and seal any gaps up. Do the same for the other out drive then proceed with the pin install. Use the ape shim and the bushings then fill the diff up but not all the way up. Leave room so you can place the other planetary gear without overflowing the diff fluid. I find that if you over fill and you begin to screw on the top the pressure will push out the green slim and you will jonlonger have that seal. I used the protwk screws and they work just fine no stripping. After you seal up the diff check to see if you see and diff fluid pushed out or leaked out. If so you over filled the diff with fluid and have to restart and reseal it with green slime. Doing so should net you with a leak free diff for a very long time.