R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing Rebel F1 (R-F01)
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2013, 09:25 AM
LloydLoar
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
We raced the Pardus tires in the UF1 MIDWEST series all last winter. I found that both the inside and outside of the side wall on the front tire should be completely glued up, and possibly slightly onto he tread on the outside if traction dictates. We also glued the outside of the rear sidewall.

One thing the car had from the first run was a ton of corner speed, that was instantly noticeable.
Thanks robk, this is all really useful information for running with Pardus.

I am currently running with a shorty pack that is positioned back in the car, with electronics right behind the servo. The car always seems to cut in really hard at the start of a corner, but then it can't follow through mid to exit. As soon as you get into the corner, the car just wants to push out really badly. The car also seems to be lacking on-power steering. I am running about 1mm of front droop, as per recommendations from Brad Palmer and OD.

Going to a stiffer center spring really does seem to help steering, but with the Pardus tires it seems to be a fine line before the car starts to square up corners.

Can anyone comment on the width restriction for IIC? Is it 190mm?