R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - new ofna DM1 pics and thoughts :):)
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mark....or others.

I went to BYRON race and had a frustrated weekend of racing dealing with the DM1.....just one little problem. My rear diff, with around 5 minutes of run...will fall apart. I mean, all 4 screws will back out like 3mm and stripped all the gear internally....What is the SOLUTION of that...?

I ended up using the COBRA, zero problem and 2 laps faster....I know that should be my solution but I just don't race GT enough to justify a $1000 investment on that. So I would love to give the OFNA one more shot before I send her to the for sale or ebay.

While I was waiting for my main....I build another diff using red lock tight in the 4 holes of the diff housing, red lock tight on all 4 screws...then put them in...and before the thread in the counter sink screws to the diff housing outside, I use CA to seal all 4 screws........I do this JUST to make sure those 4 screws will not come out and I am not planning to service that diff again....but is THAT the solution of the diff? Does OFNA or other make something (modified or revised) to prevent those screws backing out..?