R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 747 1/10 200mm touring @Nurnberg Toy Fair 2012
Old 06-21-2013, 08:13 AM
JJBinks
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
747 to arrive at my door next week! I am very excited to get this going! I've thumbed through the thread here and haven't really seen any feedback as far as upgrades or spares. Is the car that good? Its a Serpent so I trust this may be true Looks to me like the chassis weight is pretty much it. I am new to the class and it currently is not being ran where I live, can someone point me in a direction as far as rules for this class?
I just started building my 747 this past week. I plan to put the aluminum pulleys on the car, I have found in my past experience with other cars this is not a bad practice I also am getting two of the 25g chassis weights. From watching other 747's run at our track in Toledo the car is really good.

With regards to rules, The basic Rules are as follows:

- Minimum weight - 1725g
- Wing Height - with the body mounted on a level surface, place one end of a small level on the roof of the body and the other on various locations on the wing. The wing can not be taller than the roof of the body.
- The rear of the body may not be cut out higher than 55mm above the ground,measured with the chassis resting on 20mm high blocks.
- Vehicle Width - 200 without body without stinger, 205mm with body with stinger
- Fuel Capacity - 75cc

These are the basic items we check at the Great Lakes Challenge in Toledo, Ohio.