R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Revtech 17.5T stock spec temp
View Single Post
Old 06-20-2013, 11:37 PM
RogerDaShrubber
Suspended

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shock Tower
Yes, I get it.
But still, what is the benefit of increasing endbell timing before mechanical gearing (lower FRD) both way I would emagine more heat ?
Timing = RPM, RPM = WIN. Basically you are wanting to get the RPM to it max about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way down the longest straight. By starting with max RPM, you then only have to gear for the straight, it becomes a much easier to do as you are only focusing on 1 item, pinion, not multiple items, pinion and timing.

Timing creates heat, gearing also creates heat, with high reving motors timing creates less heat than gearing, where a tall gearing will bog the car down out of corners making more heat. The motor wants to rev, and the freeer you make everything the easier it can do that making it more efficient.

I have an LRP motor that is like this, it is counter intuitive but with that motor, i give it full timing and 5T less in pinion to go faster than my more torqueż motors with higher gearing. It also comes off track after 6m race about 100 Deg C without a fan, does not seem to mind it either, does not fade either. The harder i make it rev the better it seems to go.