R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray T4 '13
Thread: Xray T4 '13
View Single Post
Old 06-19-2013, 09:16 AM
TT_Vert
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

I run on a very similar track to you except I run on a rubber VTA tire. I've been using 2k rear diff oil and a spool up front. I'm also running a heavier shock oil w/ a softer spring.

Dave

Originally Posted by tc3team
TTVert and JoeSi - Many thanks, it gives me something to use as a rough understanding

However, since studying the charts, all of the values suggested are all for very light cts.

I would use the kit supplied xray oil to assemble one of the differentials and use higher or lower for the other end - depending on what you guys would think is the preferred choice for the other differential. (because im a total newbie with understanding gear diffs lol )

I am looking for a lot of forward bite, as the front diff will be working rather hard on a small 10x15m technical track. (foams, high bite carpet).

So, kit oil in the front or rear? And ___ cst for the other please?

I know I will never want to go back to a ball diff when the gear diff's are built but damn.... they are easier to understand

Sorry for the newbie stuff, once i'm racing things will be easier for me... I hope lol!

Maybe I should simply build up with kit oil for both differentials....

But no doubt I will only get enough oil to fill one, even if I buy a second diff with the car, right?