R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - WRC Racing STX EP touring car
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2013, 02:45 PM
Luppi Stefano
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Airwave
First race with the car:
Last week-end I was organizing a race counting for our local outdoor championship. About twenty racers, three STX.

First you have to know I don't use the provided shocks, as I did not have to tool to mount them correctly for the race, so I was using my usual HB shocks with Ride springs, great point of reference.

In the morning, the car was precise, with a good front train, enough steering and a stable rear train. The car is quite fast but I had no time to setup anything, so I'm not as fast as usual.

In the afternoon, the car is a lot faster. So my setup was not good for fresh conditions, and now that the track conditions are getting hotter, I'm getting faster!

Sadly I can't finish my last final because of the front DCJ pin, which chose to get out of the DCJ... Clearly this pin is quite too short and I will try to replace it asap.

The other problem was how the fiber tape secures the battery... You can't have a lateral fixation with just a chamfer... When my car roll, the sides of the chassis are rubbing the ground and it cut the fiber tape! So I adapted the Awesomatix fixation... (warning crappy phone picture coming...)

to summarize, the car was not perfect, but it has a great potential...

And by the way we place 3 STX in the first four places of the final ranking...
very well!
you used to std setup?
I have never had any problems with the fiber tape, we are working to make a standard support for securing fiber tape!
for DCJ, please check the pins have the small cut for the , I have never go out, but I'm running 13.5T blinky, you run mod class?
in each case for security you can put a small piece of heat shrink