R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Awesomatix EP Touring Car (A700 Shaft Drive)
Old 06-18-2013, 02:23 PM
John Doucakis
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec
G--

I think your talking about this blog http://jdandracing.blogspot.com/2013...g-new.html?m=1

I see in the pic a symmetrical cutout to the motor recession and some material take out in the center by the rear. This is not how the cars are shipping. I haven't heard of this modification from Oleg as being a planned one. While it is interesting, the height change at the battery holder section makes it less than practical. I personally use the F1 slot a lot and it would require some shimming under the batt mount.
Hi,

The symmetrical milling of the chassis is my own modification. The goal is to achieve symmetrical flex behavior which is a property that some other popular manufacturers seem to try and achieve. The two front battery positions are pretty much not used. I have now also added one more battery position between the two rearward settings. This new position is now same to that of the 'L' chassis as I discovered that the 'L' chassis had different battery position options than that of the 'EX' chassis.
Oleg has already expressed his concerns over this modification, its durability, practicality and actual effect, but I still went forward with it out of curiosity. Testing will show if it was worth it or not.
John