R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - What is the best way to break in a new engine.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:24 PM
M03Racer
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Here is the long story. I was so pissed off and frustrated with my buggy I was breaking it in and after two tanks I was doing figure eights after two tanks I went 3/4 throttle and the buggy just died I was so pissed. First I took it to my LHS the mechanic and I use the term loosely told me my engine is toast I told him its not even broken in. Its a VX16 motor not the best motors but I didn't even break it in so I had an SH18 motor laying around put the carb form the vx16 motor on it and I installed that into the buggy after a few tanks I wanted to run the buggy same thing the motor just died. I was really pissed at this time but me being the guy that does not give up I had another carb laying around installed that and bingo the VX16 and SH18 motor run like a charm. I can't believe that it was the carb and the mechanic at the LHS said it was the motor. I can now run the .16 motor and not die on me. I guess the carb was really cheap it was half plastic.